Home » , , » Girl By the Sea

Girl By the Sea

Unknown Title but worth Clicking for Larger Image (detail amazing)


I found this painting in an antiques/collectables store. It only measures about 16cm wide x 12cm high (not inluding frame). I can't make out the artists name and have no idea when painted (maybe 1920's or earlier?).

I am just so breathtaken by the detail & composition. It makes me feel that I am the girl standing there with the wind in my hair looking out at the sea with a sad longing. I can almost hear the cry of the sea gulls, the crash of the waves and smell the salt spray in the air. I feel locked in suspense waiting for that magnificient wave to crash to the shore in a fury of white foam.

This piece not only evokes many emotions, but also catches curiosity with its' mystery girl. Who is she? Is she waiting for someone? Is she sad, lonely, or lost in quiet contemplation?

This piece embodies everything I believe a great painting should be.

Purchase Structured Settlements Mesothelioma Lawyers Secured Loan Calculator Secured Loans Insurance Auto car free insurance online quote students debt consolidation loans data recovery Denver adverse credit remortgages conference calling companies irs tax lawyers Personal Injury Lawyer Auto Insurance Instant Car Insurance Quote UK home owner loan Remortgaging buyer Structured Settlement Injury Lawyers homeowner consolidation loans Structured Settlement Consumer Info Arizona dui lawyers eloan mortgage Consolidation of Student Loan Student Loan Consolidation Calculator Bad Credit Home Equity auto insurance
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. art of world paint - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger