Home » , , » Dr. Frankenstein & the Holy Grail

Dr. Frankenstein & the Holy Grail




Okay, so maybe the title is little dramatic...but what is life without drama?

Dr. Frankenstein's driving obession was to imbue an inanimate body with the force of life. Tragically he realised in the attainment of his creation that although he had given life to his creation, he believed that it lacked a soul. Dr. Frankenstein became depressed by his perceived failure and rejected his creation....not knowing till it was too late that he was wrong.

So what does this have to do with me? I guess I feel like Dr. Frankenstein in the sense that my constant ambition is to create a painting with 'soul'. Something that evokes emotion with a real WOW! factor.

I know I have a lot to learn...and each new painting I create gives me hope that one day I'll acheive my goal.

I go through many emotions when painting & I guess you could call it the painters 'Circle of Life':

1. At the beginning is hope and new inspiration.

2. Then I feel disapointed and disgusted as it is in the arkward early stages (I often give up for a few weeks at this point wondering if I should continue).

3. Then I feel like I may as well just continue & see where it leads.

4. As more of the canvas is covered I start to feel renewed hope.

5. The last agonising stages of finishing off - wondering if I made the right choices but knowing its too late to change.

6. Finished product...thinking its okay...very pretty, but does it have any substance?

7. Few days/weeks later, painting is starting to grow on me and feeling less critical and focussing on positives...renewed inspiration for a new painting.


I sometimes wonder if maybe I am 'too close' to my creations to have proper perspective, just like Dr. Frankenstein... but I guess only time will tell as I pursue my quest for the holy grail of painting.
Purchase Structured Settlements Mesothelioma Lawyers Secured Loan Calculator Secured Loans Insurance Auto car free insurance online quote students debt consolidation loans data recovery Denver adverse credit remortgages conference calling companies irs tax lawyers Personal Injury Lawyer Auto Insurance Instant Car Insurance Quote UK home owner loan Remortgaging buyer Structured Settlement Injury Lawyers homeowner consolidation loans Structured Settlement Consumer Info Arizona dui lawyers eloan mortgage Consolidation of Student Loan Student Loan Consolidation Calculator Bad Credit Home Equity auto insurance
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. art of world paint - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger